Updated to reflect Version 3.0 released in December 2020.
Developed and maintained by the CMP Conservation Audits Working Group, the Conservation Audit Guidelines and Tool facilitate an efficient analysis of a project or program’s design and adaptive management practice. It generates summary reports and provides a template to develop a management response. The tool also supports up to 5 audits to help users arrive at a multi-project or organizational audit assessment. Use the Conservation Audit Guidelines and Tool to increase the likelihood of positive outcomes by:
- Assessing project design and adaptive management against the best practices in the Conservation Standards;
- Identifying a clear set of priorities for strengthening the design and management of the project.
The audit tool is designed to be flexible and user-friendly:
- Deep familiarity with the Conservation Standards isn’t needed (working through the audit tool is actually a great way to orient a team to the Standards);
- Audits can be performed on projects or programs of any type or size;
- An audit can be completed in a participatory process in a few hours;
- Content of the audit tool can be adapted to align with organizational terminology and frameworks;
- The CMP Audit Guidelines and Tool provides detailed guidelines and leads you through the process.
Citation: Conservation Measures Partnership Version 3.0 (2020) Conservation Audit Tool and Guidance. CMP